Sunday 19 September 2010

Frigo Fingers: When the Apes Met.......Jazz

I'm currently exhibiting a piece of work in the "When the Apes Met..." exhibition, curated by the Frigo Fingers Expo, and is taking place in both the Joker Gallery, Bilbao and the Vertigo Gallery, Mexico. The theme for the show was to take the characters from 'Planet of the Apes' and place them in unusual pop culture settings. I went for a Jim Flora homage and drew them as if they had released an album. I don't have much information about the show as I can find very little in English about it on the interwebs but there are heaps of great artists and illustrators taking part in the show and you can click HERE to see more.

2 comments:

Nick White said...

I want to hear this record. It is now up to you to put together a band of ape-people to record this album and then have it pressed onto vinyl and distributed by christmas. Good luck.

Thierry Cattant said...

I find this flora tribute excellent!!!!